Friday, November 28, 2008

Rob Berry Profile


  • Profile snapshot: of Rob BERRY your Candidate for Toowoomba Regional Council elections.
  • Formally from the small town of Yelarbon near Goondiwindi where I spent some 12 years. I have extensive farming background of 20 years.
  • Raised as an adopted child at Moree NSW.
  • Resident of Toowoomba 28 years, married. My wife Ruth is a registered nurse. We have 3 children Michael 8 years, Katelyn 12 years & Jason 14 years of age.
    With first hand knowledge of the family struggle to raise and educate children in today’s economic financial climate.
  • Schooling New South Wales.
  • A Masonic Mason for 23 years.
  • A justice of the peace qualified some 30 years with bench duties experience.
  • A member of Queensland Justices Association 30 years.
  • Experience in State & Local government in licensing and data base development.
  • Accredited in database design & computer programming.
  • An Army reservist of 22 years fully held the positions of RSO Regimental Signals Officer and IO Intelligence Officer fully trained in operational photography.
    Brought new ideas that were adopted by Military in the areas of security operations, communications, and recruitment initiatives. Have worked with British, American, New Zealand and Singapore Military forces as senior Intelligence officer. Played a vital role in Olympic games 2000 anti terrorist planning. Military awards include Soldier of The Year, Reserve Forces Medal RFM.
  • My wife (life member RASQ) and I are supporters and benefactors of the RASQ (Toowoomba showgrounds).
  • I support all country shows be allowed to contiue without change with my full support.
  • In the mid 90’s I successfully qualified as a Business Development Manager and was appointed as Toowoomba’s first Bank Manager for the State Bank of New South Wales (trading as Colonial State Bank).
  • As a Financial Analysts I can produce comprehensive business plans and financial strategies for future Council business planning.
  • I have extensive business experience in banking and the private sector. I am a property investor in Toowoomba and am currently a Property Assessor and Auctioneer, therefore I fully understand business needs today and recognise the vital role it has in the local economy of Toowoomba and the Regional Area's.
  • I am an ardent supporter of the battler and the underdog and am an Independent with no political affiliations.
  • I seek a mandate from you with your vote for
    To implement my water plan to save and protect our community's and a return to water security, safe water for our childrens future. click here to watch video
  • A return of the ward/divisional voting systemfor 2012 elections. So you will know who you will be voting for and it will be someone from your area.
  • I will restore trust & integrity in all Councillors by making them accountable, responsible & transparent to you the Residents of the Darling Downs Region.
  • The skills I bring to Council are the ability to deliver solutions that are both achievable & affordable through financial accountability, responsible leadership.
  • I will always be available to you my door will not be closed.
  • I will deliver to the public of TRC transparency of Council at a level never seen before.
  • click here to watch video

Regards
Rob Berry Justice of the Peace (Qualified)
Councillor Candidate for Toowoomba Regional Council
Email: sgtb@bigpond.com
Rob Berry
13 Hazel Street
TOOWOOMBA QLD 4350
Ph 07 46 366 970
Mobile 0407 874 652